Who is Alex Prasad?
Alex has dedicated his practice to assisting early-stage companies, focusing on navigating the legal obstacles that often present themselves to startups. In particular, Alex has many clients in youth sports and sports technology. A firm believer in the power of participation in athletics, his primary goal is to be a trusted advisor of his clients – informing them of the legal ramifications of their actions and triangulating the business, legal and other considerations required to arrive at the best possible business outcome.
Alex frequently tells his clients that negotiations are “90% human, 10% legal” and views his function as removing/navigating legal barriers to his clients’ business objectives. Beyond legal services, Alex focuses on bringing utilizing all the resources available to the Aegis network – legal, financial, human and otherwise – to help his clients’ businesses thrive.
- University of Notre Dame Law School
- JD magna cum laude
- University of Michigan
- B.A., Political Science, with distinction
- University of Notre Dame Law School
- “Having Alex as part of our team has been a big positive shift in terms of both strategic growth and foundational excellence. After years of dealing with corporate attorneys and never feeling like they were 100% aligned with my mission and goals – it’s refreshing to have Alex bring those important elements to the equation. Alex’s passion for sports, knowledge of law and ability to see each relationship for both sides has allowed us to take our business to heights never imagined. I highly recommend Alex for his approach, style and most importantly his character – he’s the Best of the Best!” – Bryan Finnerty, Opportunity Seed Capital, Founder, CEO
- “Alex thinks like an operator, has the discipline of a lawyer, the energy of a dealmaker and the financial savvy of an investment banker. That’s a pretty good combination if you run an early stage or growth stage company. If you’re looking for someone to do cheap contract review or litigate on contingency, find someone else. If you want an outsourced general counsel who understands what it takes to keep a rapidly-scaling business on track or structure business opportunities on the fly as they arise, you’ll want Alex Prasad on call.” – Jay Whitehead, co-Founder and CEO of League Network
- “Alex is an incredible asset to our team, and someone I would highly recommend. He is both a fantastic and knowledgeable lawyer, and also an amazing person. Having worked with a number of lawyers before, Alex strikes the perfect balance of informing and counseling, while leaving the final decisions up to you and your team.” – Ryan Leahy, CEO of SnapSuits
- “I brought on Alex after working with large firms and feeling lost among the weeds. I was also weary from the difficult position of wanting legal advice while navigating multiple complex deals but feeling like I had to constantly keep an eye on the timer and hourly rate. I wanted to work with an attorney that treated us more like a a partner and that I could treat like more than just an expense. Alex has been the perfect blend of operator and attorney, providing insight and sometimes tough-love when needed while adapting quickly to new and complicated situations. He’s been there to help steer us through the difficulties of the deals, but moreso, he’s taken the time to help us understand them, their implications, and their alternatives. From investments, to contracts, to complex regulatory environments, Alex has been a partner and a guide, going constantly above and beyond and treating us more like an investment than an invoice.” – Cavan Canavan CEO / Co-Founder FocusMotion
- “Our edtech startup company needed an attorney to help us shore up our corporate governance. Not only did Alex fix our issues swiftly, he recommended a few ideas that will benefit our company for years to come. Alex is a lot more than our “company lawyer.” He is an invaluable member of our team. He is efficient and meticulously prepared, and his witty personality even makes legal issues fun to talk through. In addition to providing sound advice, he has introduced us to numerous key people with proven expertise to help take our company to the next level. Alex is committed to helping our business succeed.” – Josh Nichols, CrossBraining, Inc.
From the AEGIS Blog, Podcast, and News
How Corporate Legal Battles Parallel Military Engagements—and What You Can Learn From the Similarities
By Mark Wilson, Denver (firstname.lastname@example.org) If attorneys casually throw around military expressions to describe a specific event going on, or even their practice as a whole (e.g., “We have a ‘take no prisoners’ attitude”), veteran [...]
By Jeff Baughman, Tampa (Jbaughman@aegislaw.com) “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” If you ever served in the military, you have [...]
By Scott Levine, Founder / Managing Member (email@example.com) “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” —Reid Hoffman and Ben Casnocha, The [...]