AEGIS Attorney Norm Newmark will be presenting a CLE, sponsored by NBI, on January 20, 2017. For more information, click here.
Tax Election Considerations, Tax Provisions and Other Key Issues
When should an LLC elect to be taxed as a disregarded entity vs. partnership vs. corporation? What are the tax consequences of selling LLC interests? What are the best ways to structure tax-related provisions in the operating agreement? This program will provide you with practical insights and pointers so you can help clients capitalize on tax opportunities, understand tax impacts and avoid common pitfalls. Register today!
- Examine the tax advantages and disadvantages of different business entities.
- Delve into LLC basis, capital gain, net investment income tax and other tax issues.
- Get details on tax allocation provisions of LLC operating agreements.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit.
- LLC Formation; Key Considerations When Evaluating Choice of Entity Options
- LLCs Taxed as Partnerships
- Single Member LLCs Taxed as Disregarded Entities
- LLCs Taxed as “S” or “C” Corporations
- State Tax Considerations
- Tax Election Forms and Default Rules
- Non-Tax Considerations
- Sale of LLC Interests – Tax Consequences and Opportunities (LLC Basis, Capital Gain, Net Investment Income Tax, etc.)
- Operating Agreements: Structuring Tax Provisions